Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunny Stork

I just love this stork stamp, Bringing Baby, from Stampin' Up.  I think it is just the cutest baby stamp going!  Today's featured stamper over at Splitcoast has an amazing gallery and I chose an adorable card to CASE.  This is the result:
Have I mentioned that I think this is just an adorable stamp??  To make this card, I used Lucky Limeade CS for the base and used Twitterpated dsp for my mat.  I brayered So Saffron and Barely Banana onto my Whisper White circle.  I cut 2 blossoms with my blossom punch and then cut the blossom petals apart, laid them out around the circle and then gently lifted the circle, added adhesive around the edges and laid it back down on the petals.  I water colored stork and baby and fussy cut them out.  They are on dimensionals.  The tags are made with the jewelry tag punch and stamped with words from Tiny Tags. 
Thanks so much for stopping by and, as always, comments are very much appreciated!
_______________________________________________
Well, after having lost my MOJO for most of this weekend, I seem to have found at least some of it this evening.  The sketch challenge this week over at OWH is a fun one.  It is not something I would have normally done, but I really like the results.
 I also discovered a wonderful site that gives you color palette suggestions.  It is where I found this palette.  I would never have even thought to put these colors together, but here they are!  I really like them.  The site is caller Design Seeds.  Check it out if you have lost your color mojo.

As always, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and thank you for your comments.
________________________________________________________
 I was totally inspired by the color combo above, so decided to make another card.  I was disappointed in the card I made for the Stampin' Queen's Sketch Challenge this week (it looked better in my head) so I decided to give this difficult sketch another try. 
This is what I ended up with- 
not perfect, but far better than the first attempt.  I used Stampin' Up's Fresh Vintage set and handcut the floral components.  I used a 1 inch square punch on the stamps. The Pink Passion panel is scored with the Simply Scored tool from Stampin' Up.  Paper used is River Rock, Pink Passion, Whisper White,  and Patterns dsp. Ink used is Pink Passion, River Rock, Concord Grape and Tempting Turquoise.  The tag is stamped with a stamp from Tiny Tags and punched with the jewelry tag punch.
Thanks so much for looking!  I hope the sketch challenge is not quite so tough next week!

9 comments:

  1. Caught up with you from SCS - thanks for the comment on my card. Just have to follow you as your from St. Louis. We were there 17 years before moving 6 months ago.....stamping world is a small world - Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards.. I love how you used the blossom punch on the Baby card. The OWH Sketch Challenge card uses such a great color combo on it.. so pretty. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Lee Ann, great take on the sketch and the stork is flying high with the baby. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the lovely comments. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never have thought to put those colors together either, but it sure turned out to be an awesome card! I love those tiny floral images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fabulous cards. I especially like the sketch card for this week. What a terrific take on that sketch. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, Lee Ann! I love the use of inchies to make the focal panel for your sketch card, really cute. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sketch card is great! I love those inchies and the color palette is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the inchies and then mounted...perfect! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great take on this week's OWH sketch challenge! I love how you incorporated the various squares and such nice vibrant colors. Nice work!

    Paula S.
    OWH Blog Team
    operationwritehome.org

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...