Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Retro Sketch for Christmas

This afternoon as I was waiting in line at Joanne Fabrics, I spotted a box of Christmas cards-it was clearly a photoshopped picture, but beautiful none the less.  The scene was of a silent snowy path into a forest of jet black trees with a wintry gray sky for a backdrop.  Every tree branch was perfectly laiden with snow.  I new I had to try to recreate that card.  When I got home and checked the new sketch at Retrosketches, this is what I found-





Well, it didn't get more perfect than that!  Here is the card I made based on my Joanne Fabrics inspiration and the sketch at Retrosketches-
 
  Gray Peaceful Christmas
I am amazed at how many ways you can stamp a tree!  This set has been used countless times.  To make this card I used-
CS-Whisper White
Stamps-Lovely as a Tree,  Greetings of the Season
Ink-Craft Black, Versamark, Real Red, Basic Gray
Other-sponge, clear ep, Dazzling Details, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!  Have a blessed week!

Lee Ann :)
*EDIT*********
 There have been some inquiries about the making of this card.  All products are from Stampin' Up and can be purchased online from Stampinup.com  You can view the catalog by clicking on the catalog icon near the top of my blog on the right hand side.   The stamp set, Lovely as a Tree, is on page 84.  If you go to stampinup.com to purchase the set, I would very much appreciate if you put my name-Lee Ann Barrett-in as your demonstrator. :)
I used the masking technique to create this "forest" of trees and to eliminate the grassy areas on the stamp as I did not want grass dirtying up my snow!
Lastly, most all stamps from Stampin' Up will be 15% off on Monday, October 29th ONLY!  This includes the Lovely as a Tree set, so now would be a perfect time to take advantage of a sale!

Thanks so much for your stopping by and for all of your kind words!

Lee Ann

21 comments:

  1. This card is stunning! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the subtlety of the sparkles in the trees! Absolutely perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS card. I have seen days like this. You did a very good job, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. I wish I still had that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an absolutely breathtaking card!!Is this a new stamp or something that you had?If it's still available would you let us know who makes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stamp, which is from the set, Lovely as a Tree, and all products for this card are from Stampin' Up. The stamp set is currently available. You can order it online-just click on the Stampin' Up catalog near the top of the page on the right side to get to the online catalog. I would very much appreciate it if you put my name-Lee Ann Barrett- in as your demonstrator if you order the set! Thank you so much for your kind comments!

      Delete
  6. an absolut stunning card, I love this scene so much

    Monika from basteln.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your card is jaw dropping gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous. And yes, that stamp set never gets old. I love the stormy sky behind those fabulous trees. The sentiment in red is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous! Love the wintery feel of it..and your sparkling trees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas card is stunning, just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Gorgeous. Amazing technique and then those snow hills and the red sentiment. Wow. Check out the HYCCT challenge at Splitcoast "Walk in the Woods." This would be perfect and would make someone very, very happy I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW WOW WOW - this is so striking! Great take on the RetroSketch - Thanks so much for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what did you use the clear embossing powder on?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of my all-time favorite stamp sets, and I love what you've done with it here. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just saw this on Pinterest and LOVE it! Gorgeous rendition of the card you saw

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...