Thursday, October 3, 2013

Vintage Christmas Collage

Hello Everyone!
Can you believe it is October already?? Christmas is less than 3 months away;  I have been busy making Christmas cards with the fabulous new releases from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. 


There was really no plan for this card other than the fact that I wanted to play with my DecoArt Dazzling Metallics Splendid Gold Acrylic Paint again.  I applied a couple of light layers of this paint to white cardstock and let it dry.  Then I stamped off with the Music Background stamp and stamped onto the gold background.  I clear embossed this background. Since there was not a lot of ink on the image as I had stamped off once, coverage with the ep was spotty at best, adding to its shabby chic look.  The embossing kept the ink from smearing when I used the embossing buddy on the background before stamping the tree.  Ask me how I know!  ;)
 The tree was stamped in Versamark and embossed with Early Espresso embossing powder.  The star was stamped in Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder.   I added the 'Silent Night Holy Night' words because of the song Silent Night; I thought that fit well with the Music Background image.  The sentiment is also clear embossed. 
The rest was simple-embossing on Naturals Ivory cs, a scalloped edge, an Early Espresso edge to the image panel and a big brown bow. 

Thanks so much for stopping by; your visit is much appreciated!

Have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies used-
Stamps- Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Christmas Silhouettes, Music Background and Born This Day
Paper-SU Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory, white cs
Ink-Versamark, Memento Black
Other- Acrylic Paint, Clear ep, Early Espresso ep, snss scalloped border die, SU polka dot ef, snowflake ef, ribbon 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas card. I really like the music background paired with the silhouette tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This caught my eye and I had to let you know how much I love it. Beautiful collage and that bow just wows me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...