Tuesday, February 18, 2014

There is Still Time to Play with The Ribbon Carousel!

Hi Everyone!
It is week 3 at the Ribbon Carousel and this month's theme is 'Washi Tape'.   


I must admit, washi tape is not one of my 'go to' products.  Truthfully, I really do no know how to use it!  So it seemed creating a designer paper look was the way to go for me; I know how to work with paper!  I added diagonal strips of coordinating tapes to my white cs and then trimmed the panel down to size.  Easy peasy! 
I stamped my Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps phone and cut it out with its matching die.  I cut my circle mats out and shaped my sentiment into a curve on my block, fitting the curve of the circle; stamped the sentiment 3 times, popped the phone up on dimensionals and added a gingham bow.

So, what is up for grabs this month?  How about a set of 12 wooden spools and seam binding, baker's twine and May Arts Ribbon!

All you have to do is link up your project here, being sure to use washi tape, and follow the 3 rules to be eligible for the prize. 

  1. You MUST use ribbon, twine, thread, washi tape or anything that comes on a spool on your creation 
  2. Your project must be based on the theme of the month. 
  3. You must add a NEW project to the inlinkz below and link directly back to your project on your blog or online gallery. (Unfortunately, we've had participants who would have won the challenge, but they didn't do a direct link to their blog or online gallery post and I couldn't find their creation!)
 You can check out the Design Team's Fabulous inspiration here, as well.  

Hope you can join us!  
Have a blessed week!

Lee Ann :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps-Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Keep in Touch
Paper-Flourishes White cs, SU Daffodil Delight
Ink-Versafine Black
Other-Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Keep in Touch Dies, MFT Circle Stax Die-Namics, SU Washi Tape and dimensionals, Washi (red circles) Queen and Co, other washi tapes unknown

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of washi tape! The colors are so striking and look great with the phone image and white space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your style Lee Ann. All your projects inspire me, and this one is no exception. Love the bright colors, and using the text bent in a circle is genius!!! I am definitely going to try that! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever! Love the way the diagonal washi tapes echoes the basketweave embossing. The vintage phone is beautifully displayed, too. Another harmonious card...just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...