Thursday, July 17, 2014

By the Sea with the Top Dogs

Hello Everyone!

I have been busy this week, trying to get ahead of crafty commitments as well as household drudgery- I mean chores.   I will be having some oral surgery tomorrow, so I guess I am in for some fun!  :(

Today's card was actually a lot of fun.  I used my Top Dog Dies to mat my image- I think it really shines this way, don't you?


  The base mat was made using the Wrinkle Free Distress technique that can be found here at SCS.
Next, I stamped a piece of white cs with a compass image for the next mat and then used a piece of dp from Heartfelt Creations for the next mat.
 I added the Top Dog Dies Laurel Lace Border Die across the middle.  The main image was stamped and colored then fussy cut out.  Here is where my favorite part comes in- I die cut 4 of the Top Dog Dies  Decorative Corner Dies and adhered them to the top panel in a diamond shape.  Then, using dimensionals, I added my image on top of the dies, which serve as a decorative mat. I can't forget the bit of cheese cloth that I tucked in between some layers.  A couple of pearls finishes things off. 

I am entering this card in this week's Curtain Call Challenge-



Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps-Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps- Across the Miles (compass), SU (shell)
Paper-Mixed Media Paper. Neenah Solar White, SU Calypso Coral, Naturals Ivory, Heartfelt Creations dp
Ink-Calypso Coral, Crisp Canteloupe, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Basic Grey, Soft Sky
Other- Cheese cloth, Top Dog Dies- Decorative Corner Dies, Laurel Lace Border Die

6 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!! I am so loving anything nautical, and this is beyond beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card with great layering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Lee! Love the layers and the intricate die cut detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of the dies--great card! Hope your oral surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nautical theme!
    Thanks for playing with us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Lee Ann! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...