Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Dazzling Scene

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday!

Ready for a new challenge at Add a Little Dazzle?  We have a new style of challenge for you- the very trendy and popular mood board!   Here is my take on this month's mood board~


And here is your mood board!


I started with a couple of my favorite Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, Keep My Lamp Burning and The Mighty Sea.  The lighthouse is a collage style stamp, so I masked much of the background and just stamped the lighthouse on the cs.  I then repeated that and stamped the lighthouse in Stazon ink on the Scarlet Red Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal sheet.  I fussy cut out the bottom 3/4ths of the lighthouse.
I masked the 'beachy' portion of the Mighty Sea image and stamped the water in both Basic Gray and Buckaroo Blue ink onto the cs (with the lighthouse masked off).  I was trying to give the water a cold, wintry look.  With Basic Gray ink, I sponged in the winter sky.
The Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal lighthouse was adhered to the cs using Scor-tape.  I used white acrylic paint on the waves.  Once that was dry, I added some Crystal Effects to the waves and then sprinkled with glitter.  I also used the Crystal Effects around the railing of the lighthouse, trying to create icicles.  I sprinkled this with glitter as well, although you cannot see it in the photo. 
The final wintry touch was adding falling snow by splattering watered down white acrylic paint over the scene.  After an initial spatter of paint, I stamped the sentiment.  Then a second layer of spattered paint was applied.  Finally I added the snowbank, die cut using Simon Says Stamp's Stitched Slopes and Hills.

Interested in trying out your own Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal Sheets?  
You can purchase them HERE.
Thank you in advance for you purchase as I get credit if you purchase 
from a link on my blog.  
THANK YOU!
Check out all of the beautiful inspiration from the rest of the talented Design Team over on the Add a Little Dazzle blog and then link up your gorgeous creation with us!  Remember, you don't have to use Add a little Dazzle craft metal on your project, but if you have it we would love to see it!

http://wp.me/p45iyt-4Q5

I am linking up to~
Mixed Media Card Challenge-Theme-Love- there is no greater love than God's love. 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- Add a Little Texture
Addicted to Stamps and More- Make your Mark

Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!

Lee Ann  :)

16 comments:

  1. WOW, Lee Ann...this is totally gorgeous! Love this wintery seaside scene you have created! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the best project for the DDC#63. You have done a wonderful job presenting peace in the midst of turmoil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooooooo amazing! Looks like a clicked photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, Lee Anne! I can FEEL the snow blowing and hear the waves crashing. That's SAYING something! Wow! Great job!
    Hugs,
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright red lighthouse! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee Ann, this card is so nicely crafted. You're a terrific designer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect inspiration and interpretation!! Love the drifting snow!! BEAUTIFULLY done! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Add A Little Texture” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is wonderful Lee Ann:) Thank you so much for joining us this week at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. The vibrancy of your card cannot be beat. Fabulous design. And reminds me of the scene I may find in MI when I arrive next week! Thanks for adding this beauty to the MMCC gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is simply amazing, Lee Ann! Love this gorgeous wintery scene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I forgot to say...so happy you could join us at ATSM, Lee Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely sentiment, and the lighthouse looks fabulous, thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brrrr! This chilly scene looks so real! Love it - especially the waves and the birds! Thanks for sharing at the MMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning card! It almost feels like the waves are going to come crashing on me :-) Thanks for playing along at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing creation. So close to real the lighthouse and waves n birds. And d best part is d wavy die cut at the bottom. Thanks for sharig this beauty at MMCC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...