Monday, May 11, 2015

Masculine Challenged!

Good Morning and Happy Monday! 

There is a new challenge up today at The Challenge, and this week it is all about color!  The colors tend to lend themselves to masculine cards, imo, and since I am masculine card challenged, I decided to add another guy card to my stash with these colors~



  I used a simple banner image to create my pattern.  I started out with a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of cardstock and my Misti.  While the Misti does wonders in getting the image straight and where it needs to be, I still have trouble with thinking through stamping complicated designs- such as this one.
Thanks to a couple of mistakes, I ended up cutting my background out as two separate pieces.  I did not like the way they looked on a white background (not masculine enough for me) so found this wonderful dp that worked perfectly.  As the card morphed from one design to another, I lost sight of the end product and needed a sketch.  The new sketch at (CAS)E This Sketch was perfect, when flipped~


As the card came together, I made more changes, including taking some liberties with the sketch.  Not even sure it is CAS at this point!  Anywho, I finished it off with a sentiment from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and my fave twine, Hemptique. 
Check out the rest of the amazing inspiration from the rest of the talented team!
Can't wait to see what you link up at The Challenge!

Happy Crafting and have a Blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)  





5 comments:

  1. SO awesome, love this geometric design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to be joining you as FD and your card is amazing, great design and clever use of the colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so cool! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee Ann this is so dynamic ... who said we have to have CAS cards? So happy to hear your Mom is home... hope she's feeling better, too!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea to get ahead on your masculine cards! I hear your pain and adore this fun, graphic design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...