Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's Like Christmas!

It's a great day when you receive your Stampin' Up order in the mail, with all the new Christmas goodies!  I am enjoying all of it, but the first new stamp I wanted to play with is the new Ornaments Keepsakes set with matching Framelits Dies.  I am loving this set!

Isn't this fun??!!  And really simple, too.  I suppose I could have gotten more elaborate, but I thought the embossed ornament and the new Holiday Embossing Frame packed enough of a punch. 
So, this card was made on a Cherry Cobbler base with a Whisper White mat, followed by a second Whisper White mat that was embossed with the Holiday frame.  Now for the fun!  Then I stamped one of the new ornaments from the Ornament Keepsakes set in Versamark and Cherry Cobbler and embossed it with clear ep.  I restamped the top of the ornament in Versamark and embossed it with gold ep.  Both were cut out with the new, matching  Framelit die.  I cut a second ornament framelit in white and adhered it to the back of the Cherry Cobbler embossed ornament just to give it a little more support.  The ornament was pieced together (gold hanger to ornament) and was popped up on the embossed frame layer.  I added a White Baker's Twine loop with a Jewelry tag punch stamped with the Tiny Tags stamp-"merry".  A Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding bow finishes it off. 
There you go-not hard at all!  The Framelits do all the work. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a fabulous week!

Lee Ann

It's 9:00pm and still stamping, this time with a set I have been itching to get my hands on- Everything Eleanor.  No, I really don't know how they came up with the name.  But I LOVE this set; here is my first card with it.

I started out making this a Rose Red flower; I colored it with a blender pen and reinker.  I did not like how it looked, stamped another flower and did not like it either.  It really shouldn't take very long to color one small flower!  Anyway, I went back to my Rose Red flower and colored the "shaded" areas with a Tangerine Tango marker and then went over the whole flower with a Daffodil Delight marker.  The stamens are in More Mustard.  I went a very round about way to get this color, but I love how it turned out.  The background flowers were stamped using the masking technique.

 Thanks for stopping by!

Lee Ann :)

1 comment:

  1. I am in total awe over the ornament card. I may make this for my Christmas card this year, and was hoping you could explain something to me. Your discription says you stamped in versamark and Cherry Cobbler. Could you provide a bit more instruction regarding this step?

    Many thanks,
    Dorene jayco@pacbell.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...