Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Little Watercoloring

Hi Everyone!  It is cold here in St Louis today, but not nearly as cold as I have been hearing from friends to the north!  I am thinking of them as I sip my hot chocolate and sit in my cozy basement stamping! 
Today's card is a cheery card for one of the counselors at work- it is School Counselor Day.  It is also my first card using my new and AMAZING Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils.  There is definitely a learning curve with these, but they are fun!

I stamped my image in Stazon Black on watercolor paper, then colored in with the Inktense pencils and blended with a water brush.  The bow was made with my new Becca's Bow Maker, which is also amazing.  No more frumpy bows! 
That is really all there is to this clean and simple card!  Thanks for stopping by my corner of blogland.  Stay warm everyone and have a blessed Friday!

Lee Ann :)

Supplies used-
Stamps-Kindness Matters, Bordering on Romance
Paper-Poppy Parade, Whisper White, Polka Dot dsp (all SU), water color paper
Ink-Stazon black
Other-Inktense watercolor pencils be Derwent, ball fringe, ribbon, Becca's Bow Maker, Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...