Thursday, January 17, 2013

Exciting News

Hello All!
I have a CAS card to share with you today, but first I wanted to share some very exciting news.  A dream to be on a design team has become a reality for me.  In November I was asked to be on the SU Creative Crew at Splitcoaststampers.  I thought this was an incredible opportunity and an honor, but then in December I received a call from Lydia, at SCS.  She asked me if I wanted to be a part of the DIRTY DOZEN!
Well, I was in a state of shock!  Me, on the Dirty Dozen with all of those amazingly talented women.  The first few weeks have been a whirlwind of excitement, nerves, and FUN!  Why not head over to www.splitcoaststampers.com and check out the Dirty Dozen Gallery.  The gallery just opened Tuesday and has some fabulous work in it. This month's theme is Dirty Laundry!
The sketch challenge at SCS this week was a fun one, and one that I thought lent it self to a CAS style card.

I have been into bold colors lately, and this card is no exception.  I stamped the sentiment from Trendy Trees onto Sahara Sand and then embossed it with the Woodgrain EF.  I embossed panels of So Saffron and Basic Gray with the Chevron EF and Honeycomb EF.  A zig zag cut piece of Tea for Two dsp is sewn onto the card front.  The card base and butterfly are Poppy Parade.  The butterfly is made using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. Once I settled on my elements it was an easy peasy card to make.  All the supplies are Stampin' Up. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed Friday!

Lee Ann  :)





3 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's fantastic news - you'll fit right in with the other talented designers in the Dirty Dozen. This is a great CAS and colorful card. I really like the zig zag strip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser! What an honor! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! So excited to see all the things you will create as a Dirty Girl! This card is terrific. I love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...