Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Card Concept- A Challenge

Hello friends! I have wonderful news today!

 Many of you may know the talented Lesley Croghan and the many challenges for stampers that she hosts throughout blogland.  I have participated in many of them myself!  Lesley's latest venture is a challenge called The Card Concept, which allows one to explore the various styles of stamping- 6 of them to be exact.  I am thrilled to have been asked to be one of the designers representing the Classy and Elegant style.  What is the Classy and Elegant style you ask? 
It may include these features-
  • polished
  • shiney finish
  • sparkling elements
  • rich color scheme
  • sophisticated sentiments
  • regal
  • sweeping
  • dramatic
  • monochromatic
  • layered textures
  • awe
  • impress
That is quite a list!  I personally tend to use a lot of layered textures such as dry and heat embossing, fabrics, and mixed media.  I also tend to reach for sophisticated sentiments and images-frequently florals, like the card below-
As you can see with this card,  I have used a sophisticated sentiment and floral image,  have lots of texture with mixed media, have a dramatic flourish and have added a bit of bling. 

We start in January; I hope you will join us for some great challenges!  Keep up with the news by following The Card Concept blog and 'like' us on facebook

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps-Stampin' Up Field Flowers, Word Play, Everything Eleanor
Paper- Crumb Cake, Whisper White, First Edition dsp
Ink-Gumball Green, Early Espresso, Calypso Coral, Blush Blossom, Always Artichoke
Other- gesso, SU Apothecary Framelits, pearls, bubble wrap, dimensionals, glitter
  

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card and color palette. It speaks to my soul for sure. I just joined your wonderful blog and signed up for email updates. Beautiful work definitely found here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lee Ann! You are a perfect choice for this card type. This is a gorgeous card - love your bubble wrap background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee Ann, I can see why you are representing the classy and elegant style. Your cards are SOOO gorgeous. Every detail perfectly placed. I look forward to being on the team with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, beatiful colors and layers. I have the die set but it only has one size. How did you get the layers?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...