Sunday, February 2, 2014

No Football Here!

Hi Everyone!

This is my second post today- can you tell that I am NOT watching football or making yummy, calorie laden food?!  Instead, I played with some things that were new to me. I am not one for fancy fold cards, but I was intrigued by them when I browsed the Featured Stamper, Sherry Kushibab, gallery on Splitcoaststamper, so I decided that a Tilt Easel card was in order.  I do not color people images much; I really only own a handful of them.  This adorable Stamping Bella image had not seen ink, so I used her for my Tilt Easel card~


I found this great Bo Bunny paper in my stash that, when I put my fussy cut image (I know, am I crazy??) up against, looked like the side of an old building.  I love the look so added a 'brick wall' and a brick street to create an old world city scene.  I dug and dug and came up with a very old Stampin' Up set with this great little pot of flowers; it made a perfect addition to the outdoor scene.  
I love this sentiment-who hasn't had storms in their life?  A dear friend once told me that life is not about going around the bumps in the road, it is about how we go over them!  So, storms, bumps, problems-we all face them, but we have a Savior that we can lean on for strength, mercy and grace for which I am grateful.
So this long legged little gal is in a dreary wet city, but she has found one of the simple pleasures of life, nature.  Maybe that is why I am such a nature lover, LOL!
I am entering this in the Shopping Our Stash challenge, to make a project with an 'outdoorsy' theme and also Colour Me...! which is anything goes this week, up to 5 colors.  My colors here are Cajun Craze, So Saffron, Purple, and Green. Great Impressions asks us to use a floral image.  

Thanks so much for visiting and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps- Stampin' Up A Flower for All Seasons, Stamping Bella Lolly with Her Brolly
Paper- Flourishes white cs, SU Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Naturals Ivory, Bo Bunny The Avenues
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black, So Saffron, Cajun Craze
Other- Tim Holtz brick ef, dimensionals, Copics, Simply Scored, bling 
 

8 comments:

  1. This is absolutley priceless, I love the layout, the image, and that fantastic sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fund card, love the image you used! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is GOYGUS..smiles...everything thing about it is special! As a Christian, I have travelled many a rough path, BUT, it only lead me closer to my Saviour. Thanks so much for you sharing...the Gospel, and the beautiful card. No football here either....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card! I love all the Stamping Bella images and you have colored her beautifully. I love the Bo Bunny papers, they make a charming scene! Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash this week!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! Wonderful sentiment, paired with a perfect image and DSP. Thanks so much for joining us at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You colored your image so prettily and I love the background you chose to go with her.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Lee Ann! This is just amazing! LOVE the sweet image and your gorgeous coloring! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS and have a wonderful rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I so needed to read this sentiment today - and your card is gorgeous as well! Love the colouring, just a beautiful job!!! So happy you could share with us this week at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...