Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Inspired to Sail My Ship

Good Morning Everyone!

Popping in with a quick post sharing a fun card made with Verve Stamps~


I thought I would play along in the Viva La Verve Challenge this month and used this sketch~


Initially, I did not know what to do with the circles, but then I came across this fun set, Learning to Sail.  It does have some meaning for me this summer as I have learned how to do stand up paddleboarding.  I would post a picture of that, but, then again- not!  Bathing suits are not my friend!  LOL! 
I was inspired by this gorgeous palette at Inspired by Stamping~


Initially, I thought I would use a floral image with this palette; who new it would end up being surf boards?!
Shopping Our Stash wants us to use something that we can't seem to put down; I have been on a coloring kick lately.  I have been picking up the Copics and the colorable images over other stamps.  The Hemptique twine is my fave right now, even over seam binding and I have been using a LOT of it.  The other supplies would have fit well in last week's challenge, LOL!  My stamps have not seen ink in probably a couple of years and the wave die, although I have had it about a year, cut its first piece of paper with this card.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps-Verve Learning to Sail
Paper-SU Real Red, So Saffron, Cool Caribbean, Neenah Solar White, PTI Rustic Creme, dp Glitz Designs
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Crumb Cake
Other-Hemptique Twine, dimensionals, SU Deco Label Framelits, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Wave Dies, Copics


6 comments:

  1. Lee Ann, this is AMAZING! LOVE the clean design and the gorgeous colors! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card and a great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NAILED the sketch and colors, you ROCK!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch Lee Ann and I love that sentiment!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Can't Put It Down" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card for that wonderful sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty! Love the colors you used and the stamps too!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...