Thursday, November 13, 2014

An Advent Calendar with Top Dog Dies

Hello All!

We are barreling towards Thanksgiving and then Christmas will be upon us!  I got ahead of the craziness and made an Advent Calendar using CutCardStock and dies from Top Dog Dies.


I love how this turned out!  Using my We R Memory Keepers Gift Box Punch Board made this an easy peasy project.
I used 12 x 12 Basis cardstock from CutCardStock; it is the perfect weight for the boxes and has a bit of texture.  I cut the cardstock into 6 x 6 squares.
Then it was a matter of punching and scoring 24 pieces of paper; once this was done, I stamped approximately 2/3 of the boxes with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' Music Background Stamp.  For a wonderful shimmer, I stamped them with Delicata Gold Ink.
Next, I die cut the numbers using the Vintage Numbers Die Set from Top Dog Dies.  For even more holiday sparkle, I used the Curious Metallic cardstock from CutCardStock for the numbers. 
I also added a few embellishments using the Top Dog Dies Darling Deer Die Set, Snowman Globe Die Set and Merry Christmas Die Set.


I painted a stick I found in my backyard- first I spray painted it with Bronze paint, then I sponged it with white and gold acrylic craft paint.  The boxes were all tied up with twine and then tied to the branch.


I just love how this turned out.  I have always admired people who just grab some item from nature and do amazing things with it.  I am thrilled with how all of the components came together here; even the greenery which I dug out of the garage sale pile!



Well, on to other things on the Christmas 'to do' list!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Lee Ann  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...